Instagram Story Analytics: What Metrics to Focus On and How To Measure It
Instagram Story may only last for 24 hours, but that doesn’t mean we can overlook to measure it. This hugely popular channel has more than 500 million accounts that use it every day, making it such a big loss to be taken for granted.
A lot of companies have joined and did great in the Instagram Story game. In fact, one-third of the most-viewed Stories are from businesses. However, the best players aren’t just shooting and uploading; they’re also tracking performance and reproducing their successes.
Now maybe you’re wondering: how do I measure it?
First, learn Insights.
Instagram Story analytics give the tools for companies to comprehend how followers are engaging with their Stories. To view the analytics, you can use Insights that is available up to 14 days after the Story is published. Here are the steps to go to your Story Insights:
- Click on your Story.
- Swipe up.
- Tap the graph icon. Next to it is the Views tab, represented by eye icon, which shows the list of accounts that viewed your Story.
Instagram Story Analytics Metrics
Instagram Story analytics are divided into three metrics: Interactions, Discovery, Navigation.
This metric depicts the total actions people take when they view a Story. From the picture above, you can see Profile Visits which is a part of Interactions.
- Profile Visits show how many times people visit your page from the Story
- Replies tell how many replies you get from the Story
- Sticker Taps measure how many times people tap on stickers used in the Story
Interactions are the key to measure your engagement. Decent number of profile visits and replies indicates that the viewers like your Story and are willing to learn more or even share it.
Tips: Using stickers, such as poll, questions, emoji slide sticker, hashtag, etc. is effective in boosting interaction.
This metric represents the number of accounts that view your Story. According to Instagram, however, this is an estimate and may not always be accurate.
- Impressions show how many times your Story was seen
- Follows tell how many accounts that started following you through the Story
Discovery metric matters as they:
- Are important to measure the engagement rate with your Story content
- Assess the discoverability of your Story
- New followers that come from your Story determine how your Story contribute to your brand awareness
Tips: Stickers are also effective to improve the discoverability as they help your Story to show up in certain or larger scope of searches.
This metric reveals the total number of navigational actions people take in response to your Story.
- Back counts how many times people tap to view the previous Story
- Forward shows how many times people tap to view the next Story (before the current Story is finished)
- Next Story tells how many times people skip to the next account’s Story
- Exited measures how many times people close your Story
These stats are essential to track actions of people yet in less positive circumstances. The higher the number of Forward, Next Story, and Exit, the higher possibility that your Story content is not engaging. Otherwise, if a lot of viewers click back, it could indicate they want another look or they think they missed something.
By learning and analyzing your Story Insights, you can maximize your Instagram presence and engagement, especially in this holy month of Ramadan. Ramadan provides lots of digital opportunities where people are more active online and their spend reaches its peak; the moment your business cannot afford to miss.
This article is written by Medina Regita Saharani