How To Pick The Right Social Network Platform For Your Business
So, you want to promote and grow your business? Ditch the traditional way for good and start embracing the new way of marketing. In this digital era, why bother distributing brochures or putting up some advertisement in prints when all you need to do is to log in to social media and start promoting your brand? Undoubtedly, social media is the perfect place to promote your business, considering that nowadays people are using it on daily basis. If you’re not marketing your business with social media, you could be missing a huge opportunity.
In addition to that—if you do it right, of course—using social media could drastically boost your brand and grow your business. But of course, there are so many different kinds of social network platform to pick—and you don’t want to invest your time (and money) in the wrong social media. Because well, we know that not every penny fits the slot. This fact leads us to the one million dollar question: which social media works best for your field of business? Here’s how to get started.
KNOW THY OWN BUSINESS. Before we deciding which social media platform will be the right one, it will be better for you to stop and wonder: do you know your own business? Yes, this is an important aspect that could heavily impact your social media choice. First, you have to know in what field your business engages. After that, you got to decide what the main purpose of the social media account is. Will you use it to showcase your service and product? Or perhaps you want to gear the social media to become a public relation? Or both? It’s up to you. For instance, if you aim to attract customer or audience by focusing on the visual aspect of your product, then it is a good idea to use Instagram or Pinterest.
KNOW THY TARGET AUDIENCE. This point is crucial because each social network has its own market. Take into mind the overall demographics of your target audience and to whom you target your post. Do you target women? Men? Millennials? Baby Boomers? One thing for sure, by knowing the tendency of your target audience, picking the right social media will be easier. Take for example the millennials—aka people in the age range of 18-35—will be most likely checking out Instagram or Snapchat compared to other social media.
Know you know your drill, it’s time to…
EVALUATE THE SOCIAL MEDIA. Pick at least top three social media that you think will be beneficial and relevant to your business. You could start by brainstorming and writing down all the pros and cons of each social media platforms. In addition to that, you also have to consider how much time are you willing to invest in the social media. After all, leveraging social media in digital marketing means that you should be social and active. It’ll be pointless if you’re passive most of the time.
To ease your mind, here’s our pick for the social media platform you should be considered to leverage:
- Facebook with its 1.3 billion users, this is the ultimate social media to connect with people from various age range. In this platform, it’s best to build a community and a base for your loyal customer.
- Twitter is a microblogging site that allows you to engage in a conversation with your prospects and consumers. To provide optimal customer service, you have to show your follower that you want to engage with them. That’s why it is highly recommended that you are always available to reply to the customer.
- Instagram is an image-video only platform which makes it the right place to showcase your products and build your branding. It also perfect for fashion, design, and lifestyle business
- LinkedIn is ideal for B2B business since the platform filled with many professionals who look forward to connect with its peers. It is mostly used by professionals who are looking to promote their service.
- Pinterest is a scrapbooking service which is—like Instagram—mainly comprises of gorgeous-looking visual. However, the age range for this service is more specific than Instagram, with more or less 80% of its user is female.
- YouTube is a video sharing platform which serves as a great companion for those who engage in service business.
After deciding which social media to use, you have to …
BE FOCUS. It’s understandable if you cannot pick the best social media platform right away. But it doesn’t mean that you can recklessly using multiple social media at once. Why not? Well, here’s the thing. If you have more than one social media, it’ll be harder for you to maintain it. It is so much better to use fewer social media, maintain them well and focused on growing the audience on those particular platforms.
Well then, good luck on finding the right one!
This article is written by Aulia Ikhsanti.